Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Brood Horror!


I finished the Brood Horror!  Woooooooo!

After a couple of false starts, I finally knocked out the Brood Horror. Although I'm sure I could have finished it faster, I can't help but feel like I got it done in pretty good time.

The ratskin came together pretty easily: I used an airbrush to do the midtone, then backed in some shading, then cleaned it up with a brush before highlighting.

The rashy skin was more problematic. So much of this thing is covered in disgusting, nasty rashes, pustules that I had to do something to keep it interesting. Although my mind's eye had a much more multi-colored rainbow of diseases, I'm happy enough with it.

Now, I just need to put this stinking, foul thing into some games.

Anyway, behold the photodump!




There's a tongue that goes in there, but the damn thing kept breaking off. Finally, I got sick of gluing it back in, so I left it out. The hole for it is probably creepier, anyway.






Some of the sculpting is more than a little dodgy. There are some things that are clearly not enormous pustules, and probably couldn't be anything but rat... but are not very well sculpted. I did what I could; I doubt anyone but me will notice.





blog comments powered by Disqus

Powered by Blogger