Monday, February 28, 2011

Painting Progress - 20110228

Just a quick update on what I've been working on.

A couple of years ago, I picked up some of the Mage Knight Dungeons Artifact sets on the stupid-cheap.  I've been using bits from there as objective markers ever since. On a whim, I decided to paint up one of them, to make it fit in with the cavern table.


I tried to give it some source lighting, but I don't think I was particularly successful.  This'll get used as a Mystic Monument for WHFB.

Had a super-lazy Sunday yesterday, which meant I got a lot of painting done.  Did a lot of work plugging away at the first octet of Pink Blood Horrors.  It's been inexplicably slow-going however.  Slow enough that I'm trying to decide if it'd be easier to just convert and paint four Flamers instead of painting a second octet.



They're coming out okay, though.

Finally, I got my order from Scibor in: I ordered some of their "Big Angels Shields" and, while I was placing the order, threw in some resin bases as well.

I probably should post about comparing resin bases from different manufacturers at some point.  Scibor's, I'm sorry to say, is the least impressive.

There was also a lot of flash on the shields.  So much so that I screwed up my first shield while trying to remove it.

Anyway, it does mean I was able to finish my third Belial.  Maybe I'll paint him after I'm done catching up with my Daemons.  Maybe I'll just go back to painting Skaven.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Powered by Blogger