Monday, November 9, 2009

Hell Pit Abomination, Part 3





I'm done!  Sculpting, at least.

The fur looks a little monolithic, but I think it'll be sufficiently broken up and interesting once painted: there are a lot of boils and horns and such in there.

There are a couple of spots (specifically beneath the middle arms on each side) where things are going to look a little... odd... but they're only visible from underneath and hey, it's a mutant, right?

Not much to say past that; I'm priming it (and a clanrat) tonight.  Hope to have it painted by the weekend.











Also, because Bill Donovan's an unimaginative, kilt-wearing bastich who accused it of looking like a chia pet on account of the overabundance of green:



It should look something more like this in a week or so.

Other posts for this project:

5 comments:

  1. What about those clunky rhino feet? I thought you were going to make them more "ratty"? No?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I'd forgotten about them!

    Thanks for reminding me!

    The plan was/is to lengthen the claws; I don't think I'm going to sculpt toes on there (plus, the damned thing is glued down, now :/ ).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Rich, though I have to admit I was skeptical at first. I am interested to see what it will look like painted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stuff man, the big guy really turned out. I like how much bulk it has to it, certainly looks like a thing with loads of wounds and impact hits.

    - Salvage

    ReplyDelete


Powered by Blogger